Stryi Bowl Carving Adze
- $12.95 Shipping Australia Wide.
- International Shipping calculated at checkout.
- In stock, ready to ship
- Stock Incoming
This small curved wood carving adze has been forged from high carbon steel and has been made to last. They are great for quick stock removal from the bowls of spoons, kuksas, bowls and wood sculpture.
Adzes are surprising accurate tools to use and don't take much to get the hang of. You can swing it in your dominant hand the same way you would swing an axe or hammer or hold it in your non dominant hand and hit the poll (the back of the head) with a wooden mallet or maul. Hitting the pole allows you to have the ultimate accuracy because you can place it in contact with your piece prior to striking it which takes the "aim" factor out of it.
They are best suited to green wood working.
The tapered handle means that it comfortably fits a large hand or small hand and also means that you can easily modify the handle to fit your hand if you need it smaller. Don't be afraid of this, you are a wood worker and you've got this 🙂.
- It is made of 45G Carbon Steel ( analogue G10460).
- The weight of head 700gms.
- Total weight 760gms
- The width of the cutting edge is 35mm
- The depth of the cutting edge is 12mm
- The length of the head is 135mm.